An ATTiny85-based LED Matrix “backpack” PCB design.
Easily re-programmable, low-cost BOM, simple construction, and tons of fun! This small PCB fits to the back of an LED Matrix and drives animations.
At the heart of the design is an atTiny85 microcontroller. It holds the animation and library to drive the matrix. In addition, a MAX7219 LED driver is used to interface with the matrix.
Animations can be uploaded over USB and programmed in the Arduino IDE.
Want to build it yourself!? EAGLE schematic and board layout can be found below.
- 1x ATTiny85 Microcontroller (SMD)
- 1x MAX7219CNG (THT)
- 1x 8*8 LED Matrix (I used the LTH1388BSR)
- 2x 3.6v Zener Diode (for USB Bus)
- 1x MicroUSB Connector (SMD)
- 1x 6mm Tact-switch (SMD)
- 2x 68 ohm resistor (0805)
- 1x 30k ohm resistor (0805)
- 1x 1.5k ohm resistor (0805)